About Me

My photo
On my fourth day of maternity leave, I got bored. So I created this blog to reflect on the changes in my self and my life that my pregnancy has brought so far, as well as hopefully fill some days.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sleep Training: Night #4

The last couple days were kind of rough. Ezri was absolutely fighting her afternoon naps with every fiber in her being. We had multiple failed nap attempts (the book suggests calling the nap off if they aren't asleep after a half hour) and many instances of teetering on the brink of sleep in dad's arms then freaking out when put down. Her morning naps are freaky easy, and today was better than Saturday or Sunday, but the afternoons that are brutal. At least today she actually slept, but after 20 minutes of crying and only for a half hour.

BUT she just went down for the night with zero tears. Just rolled over and went to sleep. Love it. She also slept through the night again (so two out of three nights!), waking up briefly once for less than ten minutes (didn't even get checking on her). Up for the day at 7:15am.

My breasts are still getting used to not feeding at night, barf. This morning, because she's a nice little girl, she decided to kick my one (sore and engorged) breast while feeding on the other. Bitch.

Overall, I'd call our sleep training a success. They say by day 4, things should be relatively settled, and I'd say other than our rough afternoon naps, it's pretty settled. Baby girl's textbook! I would definitely recommend this process for parents, it really wasn't as bad as I expected, and once you get past the self-imposed guilt, it's worth it to give your baby the skills to fall asleep on their own.

Side note:
Got a call from BC Women and Children's Hospital today, we're going in for Ezri's upper GI thingy on Wednesday. And my papa bear gets here tomorrow!! Hooray! Busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment