About Me

My photo
On my fourth day of maternity leave, I got bored. So I created this blog to reflect on the changes in my self and my life that my pregnancy has brought so far, as well as hopefully fill some days.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Fabulous Times

My dad was visiting this past week and a bit, fabulous times with Ezri and her Grandpa! We went to the Pride Parade, Granville Island, did some shopping, but mostly just hung out and had fun.

Last weekend I actually go to go out. Like out out. To a party and everything. I put her to bed before we left, and my dad stayed with her while Josh and I attended a birthday party. He didn't hear a peep out of her! It was a little brutal though, I drank a bit much, and she was up at 7am. I couldn't breastfeed (because I wasn't feeling 100%) so I pumped and dumped, giving her formula. It was so sad, because normally I can only get a few ounces, but because it was morning time, I was full and got a whole bottle's worth! It hurt having to pour it away!

I see why parents don't party, fuuuuuuck. I was so tired and out of it the next day. Baby is up when baby is up. I say, if you're going to get a babysitter, get them to stay over night and look after the squirt in the morning too. HA! Best idea ever. It'd better be something really good to make it worthwhile.

In sleep news, Ezri continues to amaze me every day. This morning she almost fell asleep on the livingroom floor while we watched The National, passed right out after being put in the crib. She's also more likely to fall asleep in the stroller (though not for long), which helps to not feel tied to the house a good chunk of the day.

Hooray for fun weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment