About Me

My photo
On my fourth day of maternity leave, I got bored. So I created this blog to reflect on the changes in my self and my life that my pregnancy has brought so far, as well as hopefully fill some days.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cranky Poopy Baby

I haz a cranky baby.

She just hasn't been the same since her shots on Thursday. She's typically kind of a whiny kid to begin with (most of my days are spent finding ways to keep/stop her from crying), but it's been ten fold the last few days. The first couple she was kind of sluggish and tired, had a bit of a fever that night and the next day (nothing a little baby Tylenol couldn't handle). But the last couple days? Sheesh. Cry City.

I don't want to be that mom who stuffs her kid's face with meds when she's cranky, but I have read that the Tylenol can help the mood swings, even if there's no fever. I mean, she's essentially half-sick right now, her little body doing its all to absorb the vaccinations. It's hard to find reliable information online about what to do in this kind of situation, but a lot of mom-forums I came across say crankiness for up to a week is normal.

A week!

Oh and she finally pooped today. This kid was saving it up. For eight days. Imagine eight days worth of poo, all at once. It was horrific. You'd need space-age diapers to contain that much (which I do not have, so you can see my problem). Gross.

But I still love her!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment